Staff Psychologist/ Counselor
Staff Psychologist/ Counselor
Department: Counseling and Psychological Services
Reports To: Director of Counseling and Psychological Services
Status: 10 month (Aug.1- May 31)
Job Grade: 8
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Provides on-campus counseling services, including individual, couples, family, and group counseling.
2. Conducts intake assessment and treatment planning.
3. Conducts research, develops, and implements innovative, relevant psycho-educational outreach, training, workshops and programs.
4. Consults with and makes referrals to other mental health professionals.
5. Provides crisis intervention and consultation to faculty, staff, and students as appropriate.
6. Consults with the director about student problems, policies, and future counseling plans.
7. Assists in the recruitment, selection, and training of professional and support staff.
Education: APA-approved doctoral degree in counseling.
Experience: Previous college or university counseling center clinical experience preferred and/or experience counseling late adolescent/early adult female population.
Professional Certification: Must be licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of Georgia in professional specialty.
* Broad generalist clinical skills, including experience assessing and intervening with a range of disorders, concerns, and degrees of pathology.
* Demonstrated commitment to engaging a diverse student population.
* Experience in conducting brief individual, couples, and group psychotherapy with a diverse population.
* Familiarity with college policies and procedures, student issues and concerns, and campus issues.
* Proficiency in public speaking and leading group discussions.
* Excellent planning and organizational skills (e.g., file management, time management).
* Experience with common office equipment and software (including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, and general computer knowledge).
* Good communication skills, both verbal and written, and good listening skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and to maintain confidentiality within legal and institutional guidelines.
* Expertise in one or more of the following areas is highly desirable: wellness programming, brief therapy, substance abuse, eating disorders, gender and multicultural issues.
Intermittent sitting, standing, stooping, crouching, walking, and occasional moving of light objects. Work is performed in an office.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Reference the position title of Staff Psychologist/Counselor on the Subject line and e-mail a resume, letter of interest, professional references and salary requirements to email@example.com. Position is posted until filled. Due to the overwhelming response to the college's staff openings we are unable to respond personally to individual telephone inquiries. No faxed submissions please.
Agnes Scott does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression or any other characteristic protected by law in its employment. Agnes Scott has a strong commitment to diversity and urges members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Posted on: 3/24/2014