Application ProceduresWant to study abroad but not sure how to get started? Here's your step-by-step for making it happen.
- If you would like an overview of study abroad at ASC before meeting with your adviser, we encourage you to attend a Study Abroad Information Session. The OIE holds multiple sessions during the fall semester. Dates and topics will be announced in the Irvine and on our facebook page.
- Meet with your study abroad adviser to learn about the program options that meet your specific goals. Programs vary by length, cost and available courses. To schedule an appointment, stop by the OIE in Buttrick 102B, call 404-471-5380, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Note: If your last name begins with A-K, Erin Nghe is your adviser. If it begins with L-Z, Stephanie Miller is your adviser.
- Select a program. Most students meet with the study abroad adviser several times before making a final program selection. You should also speak with other Agnes Scott students who have already studied abroad, your parents, and your academic adviser(s) to determine the most appropriate courses to take abroad. It is important for them to be involved in the planning process.
- Apply! There will be several different applications required. Check with your study abroad adviser to be sure you are aware of all of the deadlines.
- Agnes Scott's Study Abroad Approval Form
- Program-specific application; for example, CIEE, ISEP, ISA (For help completing your ISEP application, click here.)
You may be eligible to apply for scholarships from the OIE, other ASC departments, your program provider, national study abroad scholarships, and other sources. Be sure to speak with your study abroad adviser about scholarship opportunities and deadlines.
Study Abroad Open Advising Office Hours:
MONDAY – 1:30pm – 3:30pm
TUESDAY – 10:00am – Noon
THURSDAY – 1:30pm – 3:30pm
FRIDAY – 10:00am – Noon
*Students may schedule an appointment with their respective advisor outside of the listed open office hours.
- Global Takes Photos & Videos
- Pre-Departure & Initial Arrival
- Life at ASC & in Atlanta
- Immigration and Employment
- Faculty-Led Study Abroad
- Independent Study Abroad
- Application Procedures
- Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Study Abroad Myths
- Helpful Links