Application ProceduresWant to study abroad but not sure how to get started? Here's your step-by-step for making it happen.
- We encourage you to get an overview of study abroad at Agnes Scott before meeting with your study abroad advisor. This can be done by reviewing our website, as well as attending a Study Abroad Information Session. The Center for Global Learning holds multiple sessions during the fall semester. Dates and topics will be announced in the Irvine, Campus Bubble and/or on our Facebook page.
- Visit the Center for Global Learning to complete an interest form, and then have this form ready when you meet with your study abroad advisor. By answering a few questions on the interest form ahead of time, we are able to learn about your background and specific goals and needs, and give better advising. The interest form helps you to think about these basic questions:
- Where do you want to go?
- What do you want to study?
- How long do you want to be gone?
- Prioritize which of the above is the most important to you
- Meet with your study abroad advisor to learn more about the program options that meet your specific goals. Programs vary by length, cost and available courses. You may visit during open office hours (see below), or schedule an appointment via email or with the Center for Global Learning front desk. If you are interested in ASC faculty-led programs, you will need to make an appointment.
- Select a program. Many students meet or email the study abroad advisor several times before making a final program selection. You should also speak with your academic advisor(s) to determine the most appropriate courses to take abroad (this process is required as part of the approval process). You can also gain valuable advice from other Agnes Scott students who have already studied abroad, your parents, and other loved ones. Ultimately, it is your decision what is best for you! However, it is helpful for others to be involved in the planning process.
- Apply! There will be several different applications required. Visit our Deadlines webpage to check all office deadlines, but be aware that individual programs and scholarships have their own deadlines.
- Agnes Scott's Study Abroad Approval Form
- Program-specific application(for example - ISEP, DKU, ISA, etc.)
- You may be eligible to apply for scholarships from the Center for Global Learning, other ASC departments, your program provider, national study abroad scholarships, and other sources. Be sure to speak with your study abroad adviser about scholarship opportunities and deadlines. You can also visit our Scholarships and Financial Aid webpage.
Center for Global Learning - Study Abroad Open Advising Office Hours:
MONDAY – 1:30pm – 3:30pm
TUESDAY – 10:00am – Noon
THURSDAY – 1:30pm – 3:30pm
FRIDAY – 10:00am – Noon
*Students may schedule an appointment with their respective advisor outside of the listed open office hours by emailing the advisor or contacting the Center for Global Learning front desk.