How to Propose a Theme House
How To Propose a Theme House
To propose a theme house, take the following steps:
- Partner with six to eight students who share your learning goals. Ideally, residents should be drawn from a variety of departments, majors and classes. 124 W. College houses eight students, 132 W. College houses six students and 138 W. College houses seven students.
- Select an adviser. Each house must have an adviser who is either a faculty member or an approved college official, and who is committed to playing a key role in helping students reflect on what they are learning
- Submit your application by the date listed in the Housing Lottery Guide. The completed application and supplemental materials must be submitted by hard copy to the Office of Residence Life. Please check by at a later time for the application.
How does the selection process work?
- A selection committee will review and score applications. Additionally, each group will have an opportunity to interview in mid-March with a panel of campus representatives. Theme House decisions will be announced prior to the housing lottery.
- Students who wish to live in the Eco house will complete a special Eco House application distributed in the spring, students may be asked to interview for a place in the house.