The Parents Council represents all parents and acts as a liaison to the college and its administrators. The council serves to guide members toward increased understanding, support and enthusiasm for Agnes Scott and provides a vehicle for improved communication between parents and the college.
Parents are a valuable resource for Agnes Scott, and we hope to provide mutually beneficial ways for you to be involved and contribute.
Parents Council Committees
This committee will serve as a resource to the Office of Communications in its efforts to effectively communicate with parents through written and other media. Committee members make recommendations on publications and forms of communication and in areas such as the Web site, Parents Handbook and the use of social media.
This committee assists the Office of Admission in student recruitment and retention. Throughout the year, members contact accepted and enrolled students and their families and provide support for prospective student-recruitment activities, such as college fairs and regional receptions.
This committee supports the annual fund, which raises critical, unrestricted dollars from alumnae, parents, friends, corporations and foundations to support student scholarships, faculty salaries, the library, athletics programs and other important areas of the college. Each year, the parents fund committee assists the annual fund staff in writing letters and making phone calls to current and former parents.
This committee will plan and execute activities to engage parents to enhance their understanding and support for the college. Such efforts will include planning activities for parents at campus events such as Orientation, Family Weekend, and Sophomore Family Weekend. Activities may include presentations, receptions, promotion of events, booths, and others as determined by the Committee.
Meet the Current Parents Council
Parents Council Chairs
Tim Farrow and Jo-Ann Pulice P'14, Sarasota, FL
Parents Council Chairs-Elect
Sandy Seaton-Todd P'15, Mentor, OH
Parents Council Members
- Marsha and Ken Banasiewicz P'15, Helena, AL
- Beverly and Bill Briggs P’16, Thousand Oaks, CA
- Gunars Cazers and Rasma Lazda-Cazers P'15, Tuscaloosa, AL
- Gayle Converse P'14, Lorton, VA
- Mary Crist P'14, Greenwich, CT
- Pamela Footman P'15, Durham, NC
- Laurie and Mark Mitchell P’16, Marietta, GA
- Terri Morton P'14, Atlanta, GA
- Richard and Karen Newsome P'15, Columbia, SC
- Narhari and Niranjali Rao P’17, India
- Susan Rinaldo '78 P'15, Denver, NC
- Mandy and Larry Robertson P'15, Marietta, GA
- Christine and Kurt Ronn P’16, Marietta, GA
- Flo and Kent Starling P’16, Grayson, GA