Welcome from the Deans
Welcome, new Scotties! We are excited about what awaits you in Summit, a liberal arts college experience like no other, where biochemistry and political science majors, creative writing and public health majors - and all others in between - develop leadership skills and learn about complex global dynamics that prepare them for local and global success. Summit is about leading everywhere!
During your first year at Agnes Scott, you will:
- Engage in a leadership curriculum that begins during Orientation Weekend with the Goizueta Foundation Leadership Immersion. You and your classmates will journey to Camp Twin Lakes for an interactive retreat focused on exploring your leadership abilities and community building;
- Learn about interesting topics while developing the foundational academic and leadership skills of teamwork, public-speaking, critical-thinking and writing in Leadership 101 during your first semester;
- Travel with a faculty member and other first-years as you learn about global issues and intercultural awareness in Global 102 during your second semester;
- Map your unique educational path with the guidance of your Summit and peer advisors;
- Create a digital portfolio in which you collect, reflect upon and showcase your experiences and achievements—an invaluable tool when you apply for internships, jobs or graduate school;
- Meet and learn from extraordinary leaders from all walks of life at LeaderStories events;
In addition to a fantastic college education in your chosen major, the added value of leadership development and global learning will help you make the most of your college experience, and provide the best preparation for wherever your post college plans lead you.
Pay close attention to the materials provided by mail, email and posts on this website. You will find housing and roommate information, health and insurance forms and requests for other important information. If you have any questions not answered by the website or the materials sent to you in the mail, you can contact either of us by calling the Office of Academic Advising at 404.471.6284 or the Office of the Dean of Students 404.471.6391.
With the support of faculty and staff in the areas of academic affairs and student life and the many resources that will be available to you, your first year at Agnes Scott will be the first of several extraordinary years on your Summit journey.
We look forward to meeting you in August!
Interim Associate Dean of the College
|Suzanne R. Onorato
Associate Dean of Students