Commencement Inclement Weather
If inclement weather occurs prior to or during the ceremony, the ceremony will be moved inside inside Gaines Chapel, Presser Hall. Graduates and their families should monitor the college website for updates to start of the ceremony.
In the event of inclement weather prior to start time for ceremony, graduates report to the ground floor of Presser Hall for line-up.
Guest seating: Tickets are required for entrance to GAINES CHAPEL ONLY in the EVENT OF INCLEMENT WEATHER. All seating is first come, first served.
- Blue tickets are family seating in Gaines Chapel.
- Purple tickets are the President’s Guests seating in Gaines Chapel.
Don’t have a ticket? You can find a seat in the following venues:
- Buttrick Hall (classrooms on ground and second floor)
- G4, G13, G15, G25, 203, 204, 205, 208, 209, 211, 213, 215, 217, 219, 221
- Presser Hall (Maclean Auditorium; seats150 and classroom 202; seats 45)
- Rebekah Scott Hall (Katharine Woltz Reception Room, seats 250)
If the event inclement weather occurs during the ceremony, President Kiss will give instructions from the podium.